How we use and protect your data
Who are we?
Exalens is a registered trademark (UK00003516094) and trading name of Cyberlens Ltd, an Information Technology Limited Company, with a registered seat at 10-12 Mulberry Green, Old Harlow, Essex, CM17 0ET, United Kingdom. We specialize in the design of cybersecurity solutions and provision of relevant support services
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us about services or products, or if you directly give us any information via forms.
What type of information is collected from you?
We may collect and process one or more of the following categories of personal data about you or the company you represent:
- Information you provide to report a problem with the site.
- Details of visits to our website and the pages and resources that are accessed, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data that may assist us in understanding how visitors use the website. This may also include the resources that you access, and information about where you are on the internet including the domain type, IP address and URL that you came from. This information is collected and used for our internal research purposes and to improve our customer service.
- The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- Information you provide to us by sending us a message through our website and information provided to us when you communicate with us electronically for any reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email and other correspondence.
- Information that you provide us as a result of filling in forms on our website, such as registering for information.
We may collect information about your computer, including but not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer that you are using;
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of the site;
- to provide you with information relating to our website, product or our services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information on other products that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website;
- to meet our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- to notify you about any changes to our website, including improvements, and service or product changes;
- for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website;
- to administer this website; and, if you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes but we may occasionally give a third party limited access to your contact information solely and specifically to obtain their assistance in organising marketing events or other promoting activities for our products (in which case they will be under strict GDPR compliant obligations on the security and use of your data). It should be noted that the subsidiary company(ies) of Exalens have also access to your information.
How Do I opt out?
You have a choice whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you want to exercise this right and no longer be contacted by Exalens, then you can change your preferences by emailing the Data Controller ([email protected]) and we will process your request within 7 working days.
You have the following rights regarding your information:
- To access personal data held about you
- To request us to make any changes to your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- To request your personal data is erased where we do not have a compelling reason to continue to process such data in certain circumstances
- To object to, or restrict, our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- If we use your personal data for marketing purposes, you can ask us to stop and we will comply with your request
- If we use your personal data on the basis of having a legitimate interest, you can object to our use of it for those purposes, giving an explanation of your particular situation, and we will consider your objection
- To object to, and not be subject to a decision which is based solely on, automated processing, which produces legal effects or could significantly affect you
- To lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory body, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of your rights set out above, including to withdraw your consent where we have stated we are processing your personal data based on your consent, please email the Data Controller ([email protected]).
Any complaints related to how we have handled your information should be sent to the attention of the Data Controller ([email protected]).
Use of ‘cookies’
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions, as well as the privacy policies, held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls. Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Links to other websites and partners
Those aged 16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Privacy Notice was last updated in August 2021.